We are a club whose purpose is to stimulate and promote interest in aviculture, gather and share information for further education of the membership, and bring into friendly contact all those who love and raise birds of all types. NCA was established in January 1983. We are the only all-purpose bird club that meets in North San Diego County
Our membership is made up of people who own from one to one hundred birds or more; keep birds as pets or breed birds as a business; or own any kind of exotic bird (parrots, parakeets, canaries, finches, pigeons, softbills, gamebirds ... ).
Anyone who has a love of exotic birds and wants to learn more is welcome.
With some exceptions, NCA meets on the first Saturday of each month. The doors generally open at 6:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 PM (meeting dates and times are subject to change; please contact the club first to verify). Board meetings are held on the same date as the general meeting one hour prior to the meeting.
Guests are always welcome, and there is no fee charged to attend.
What and when are some Upcoming Meetings and Events?
Saturday, August 5 Summers are the perfect time to bring the kids and watch a movie. We'll feature an hour - long documentary on our favorite topic, Birds! No charge to view, popcorn and snacks available, Hang around after to discuss the show and possibly win something from the Opportunity Table.
Saturday, September 2 Don't you wish everyone knew how easy it is to do that thing that you do? Come to our Round Table discussion and share your best practices. See how other aviculturists are taking care of that problem. Learn a few tricks and see what amazing items show up on the Opportunity Table.
Saturday, October 7 TBA
Saturday, November 4 NO MEETING
Join us at the Bird Mart in Ramona
Saturday, December 2 Our Annual Holiday Party for Members includes a gift exchange with Golden Bird prizes and a great traditional meal.
Program information will be given if or when it becomes available.
We are always looking for informative speakers and important topics for our meetings. If you would like to present a program, or know someone who would, please contact the club for more information! firstname.lastname@example.org
Where are these meetings held?
Notice : NCA meets at the Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084.
From the North County Coastal area, take CA-78 east to the Civic Center Drive exit and turn left onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the East and South, take I-15 north to CA-78 and go west. Exit at Civic Center Drive in Vista, and turn right onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the North Inland Corridor, take I-15 south to Gopher Canyon Road and turn right. Follow Gopher Canyon Road 4.7 miles to East Vista Way. Turn left on East Vista Way and drive 3.2 miles to Civic Center Drive, and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Civic Center Drive to Eucalyptus Avenue and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
What goes on at the meetings?
* Interesting Speakers * Since we are the only exotic bird club in north county, our speakers and presentations cover a wide range of topics.
* Question Box * Ask questions on avian topics that will be answered by the audience.
* Meeting other "Bird Brains" * Socialize before and after the meeting. Who knows who you'll meet and what you'll learn!
* Ways & Means Committee 'Opportunity Drawing' * Lots of birds, cages, supplies and other goodies will go home with lucky winners! If you bring an item for the table worth $5, new, you will be given a ticket for the drawing. Some prizes will be designated for members only.
Many thanks to our Patrons who donate items for these drawings:
A Bird Haven and Our Feathered Friends https://www.ourfeatheredfriends.com/
G&H Enterprises Bird seed, cages and supplies. Gus and Helen Sprong Phone (760) 791 7211 or (760) 789-0277 email@example.com
Do you have a bird-related business? Want to provide items for our Opportunity Drawing every month? In return , you will get advertising space on this web page and in our monthly newsletter. Email info@NCAbirdclub.com for more information.
* Buying and Selling * NCA Members can sell birds and related items; anyone may buy.
* Refreshments * Our Refreshment Committee, with the help of our members, puts out a yummy spread each month. There is always a great potluck of refreshments available after the meeting and before the opportunity drawing.
A donation is requested to help cover the cost of the food.
* Just Fun Stuff * Our annual Potluck Picnic, now in July, is held in conjunction with a swap meet/yard sale. Our December Holiday Potluck Party is a gala event!
Is there more? San Diego Bird Mart Expo Show is on hiatus for 2017. We hope to reach out to other bird clubs in the San Diego area and bring back a better show in a new location. Stay tuned!