We are a club whose purpose is to stimulate and promote interest in aviculture, gather and share information for further education of the membership, and bring into friendly contact all those who love and raise birds of all types. NCA was established in January 1983. We are the only all-purpose bird club that meets in North San Diego County
Our membership is made up of people who own from one to one hundred birds or more; keep birds as pets or breed birds as a business; or own any kind of exotic bird (parrots, parakeets, canaries, finches, pigeons, softbills, gamebirds ... ).
Anyone who has a love of exotic birds and wants to learn more is welcome.
With some exceptions, NCA meets on the first Saturday of each month. The doors generally open at 6:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 PM (meeting dates and times are subject to change; please contact the club first to verify). Board meetings are held on the same date as the general meeting one hour prior to the meeting.
Guests are always welcome, and there is no fee charged to attend.
What and when are some Upcoming Meetings and Events?
Saturday, October 7 We had so much fun building toys last time that we are going to make one more each. Meanwhile, cage bird enthusiast Demi Hungerford will speak on All the World's a Cage, how to keep birds happier and which size cage is right for my bird. Please join us! Saturday, October 7 at 7:00 PM. Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus, Vista 92084. Refreshments ** Free Admission
Saturday, November 4 NO MEETING
Join us at the Bird Mart in Ramona
Saturday, December 2 Our Annual Holiday Party for Members includes a gift exchange with Golden Bird prizes and a great traditional meal.
Program information will be given if or when it becomes available.
We are always looking for informative speakers and important topics for our meetings. If you would like to present a program, or know someone who would, please contact the club for more information! email@example.com
Where are these meetings held?
Notice : NCA meets at the Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084.
From the North County Coastal area, take CA-78 east to the Civic Center Drive exit and turn left onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the East and South, take I-15 north to CA-78 and go west. Exit at Civic Center Drive in Vista, and turn right onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the North Inland Corridor, take I-15 south to Gopher Canyon Road and turn right. Follow Gopher Canyon Road 4.7 miles to East Vista Way. Turn left on East Vista Way and drive 3.2 miles to Civic Center Drive, and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Civic Center Drive to Eucalyptus Avenue and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
What goes on at the meetings?
* Interesting Speakers * Since we are the only exotic bird club in north county, our speakers and presentations cover a wide range of topics.
* Question Box * Ask questions on avian topics that will be answered by the audience.
* Meeting other "Bird Brains" * Socialize before and after the meeting. Who knows who you'll meet and what you'll learn!
* Ways & Means Committee 'Opportunity Drawing' * Lots of birds, cages, supplies and other goodies will go home with lucky winners! If you bring an item for the table worth $5, new, you will be given a ticket for the drawing. Some prizes will be designated for members only.
Many thanks to our Patrons who donate items for these drawings:
A Bird Haven and Our Feathered Friends https://www.ourfeatheredfriends.com/
G&H Enterprises Bird seed, cages and supplies. Gus and Helen Sprong Phone (760) 791 7211 or (760) 789-0277 firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a bird-related business? Want to provide items for our Opportunity Drawing every month? In return , you will get advertising space on this web page and in our monthly newsletter. Email info@NCAbirdclub.com for more information.
* Buying and Selling * NCA Members can sell birds and related items; anyone may buy.
* Refreshments * Our Refreshment Committee, with the help of our members, puts out a yummy spread each month. There is always a great potluck of refreshments available after the meeting and before the opportunity drawing.
A donation is requested to help cover the cost of the food.
* Just Fun Stuff * Our annual Potluck Picnic, now in July, is held in conjunction with a swap meet/yard sale. Our December Holiday Potluck Party is a gala event!
Is there more? North County Aviculturists and the Finch Society of San Diego Present San Diego County Bird Mart Finch Show and Plant Sale
Saturday, November 4, 2017 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Exciting New Location at the Ramona Jr. Fairgrounds 431 Aqua Lane, Ramona, CA 92065
Exotic Birds, Parrots, Finches, Doves, Poultry For Sale from Local Breeders and Great Vendors Cages, Toys, and Accessories!
Looking For Vendors!
See the information in the file below Help us spread the word![