Our membership is made up of people who own from one to one hundred birds or more; keep birds as pets or breed birds as a business; or own any kind of exotic bird (parrots, parakeets, canaries, finches, pigeons, softbills, gamebirds ... ).
Anyone who has a love of exotic birds and wants to learn more is welcome.
Do you Zoom? So does NCA. On the First Saturday of every month, we will hold a Zoom presentation related to aviculture. We start at 4:30 pm and run as long as we need to. The information to log in goes out to Members Only, so consider joining now!
We do miss our face to face meetings!Keep checking this page for information on upcoming events. We'll let you know as soon as it's safe to meet again.
The Bird Call Lady, Nicole Perretta in 2010 with Jay Leno. She was our Speaker on April 7th, 2018 and will be again on January 2, 2021.
January 2, 2021 -- Get your amazement faces ready. Nicole Perretta, world famous bird call lady, will share her story of interacting with birds and learning to make their calls so well, she fools them ! Always a pleasure to have her as a speaker. We'll be doing this on Zoom at 4:30. We'd love to have you join us.
We are always looking for informative speakers and important topics for our meetings. If you would like to present a program, or know someone who would, please contact the club for more information! firstname.lastname@example.org
Where are these meetings held?
Notice : NCA was meeting at the Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084. Until further notice, we are holding meetings on ZOOM.
From the North County Coastal area, take CA-78 east to the Civic Center Drive exit and turn left onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the East and South, take I-15 north to CA-78 and go west. Exit at Civic Center Drive in Vista, and turn right onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the North Inland Corridor, take I-15 south to Gopher Canyon Road and turn right. Follow Gopher Canyon Road 4.7 miles to East Vista Way. Turn left on East Vista Way and drive 3.2 miles to Civic Center Drive, and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Civic Center Drive to Eucalyptus Avenue and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
What goes on at the meetings?
* Interesting Speakers * Since we are the only exotic bird club in north county, our speakers and presentations cover a wide range of topics.
* Question Box * Ask questions on avian topics that will be answered by the audience.
* Meeting other "Bird Brains" * Socialize before and after the meeting. Who knows who you'll meet and what you'll learn!
* Ways & Means Committee 'Opportunity Drawing' *(Suspended until we meet in person again.) Lots of birds, cages, supplies and other goodies will go home with lucky winners! If you bring an item for the table worth $5, new, you will be given a ticket for the drawing. Some prizes will be designated for members only.
Do you have a bird-related business? Want to provide items for our Opportunity Drawing every month? In return , you will get advertising space on this web page and in our monthly newsletter. Email info@NCAbirdclub.com for more information.
* Buying and Selling * NCA Members can sell birds and related items; anyone may buy.
* Refreshments * While we meet on Zoom, you must provide your own refreshments Our Refreshment Committee, with the help of our members, puts out a yummy spread each month. There is always a great potluck of refreshments available after the meeting and before the opportunity drawing.
A donation is requested to help cover the cost of the food.
* Just Fun Stuff * Our annual Potluck Picnic, now in July, is held in conjunction with an auction of birds and bird related items Our December Holiday Potluck Party is a gala event!
Is there more? We had a great time in Ramona at the San Diego Bird Mart in 2017. Sadly, the November 2018 mart had to be canceled due to the spread of Exotic Newcastle Disease. There has been no halt in the spread of the disease, so the club has voted to skip the bird mart for 2019 as well. Now, Newcastle is under control, but Covid-19 is keeping us home and safe. Will 2021 be the year we can do this again? Hope so!