The Bird Call Lady, Nicole Perretta in 2010 with Jay Leno. She was our Speaker on April 7th.
Eleanor Lovell, the March 3 Guest Speaker, with a few of her friends.
, Our membership is made up of people who own from one to one hundred birds or more; keep birds as pets or breed birds as a business; or own any kind of exotic bird (parrots, parakeets, canaries, finches, pigeons, softbills, gamebirds ... ).
Anyone who has a love of exotic birds and wants to learn more is welcome.
With some exceptions, NCA meets on the first Saturday of each month. The doors generally open at 5:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 6:00 PM (meeting dates and times are subject to change; please contact the club first to verify). Board meetings are held on the same date as the general meeting one hour prior to the meeting.
Guests are always welcome, and there is no fee charged to attend. Please Note Our Meeting Start Time of 6:00 PM
What and when are some Upcoming Meetings and Events? Program information will be given if or when it becomes available. Changes will be announced as early as possible.
Saturday, September 1 Join us for a Round Table Discussion where our expert members will talk about care of various types of birds, tips for problem solving, and much more. Do you have an expertise in some area of aviculture? Join us and tell us all about it!
Saturday, October 6 From A Bird Haven to Beauty Beaks. Two former employees, Summer and Eonah, started their own mobile bird grooming service, plus much more. Come hear their stories and share their successes. (By the way, they kindly attend the NCA meetings and provide this service for a small fee.)
Saturday, November 3 North County Aviculturists will once again join with the Ramona Junior Fairgrounds to host a Bird Mart! This year will be better than ever, as we have more vendors, more birds, more supplies, and of course great food sold by the RJF.
Saturday, December 1 Members are cordially invited to our annual Holiday Party and Potluck. Bring a dish to share with 10 people for each person in your group. Bring a gift for the gift exchange and look for the Golden Birds. More information to follow.
We are always looking for informative speakers and important topics for our meetings. If you would like to present a program, or know someone who would, please contact the club for more information! email@example.com
Where are these meetings held?
Notice : NCA meets at the Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084.
From the North County Coastal area, take CA-78 east to the Civic Center Drive exit and turn left onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the East and South, take I-15 north to CA-78 and go west. Exit at Civic Center Drive in Vista, and turn right onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the North Inland Corridor, take I-15 south to Gopher Canyon Road and turn right. Follow Gopher Canyon Road 4.7 miles to East Vista Way. Turn left on East Vista Way and drive 3.2 miles to Civic Center Drive, and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Civic Center Drive to Eucalyptus Avenue and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
What goes on at the meetings?
* Interesting Speakers * Since we are the only exotic bird club in north county, our speakers and presentations cover a wide range of topics.
* Question Box * Ask questions on avian topics that will be answered by the audience.
* Meeting other "Bird Brains" * Socialize before and after the meeting. Who knows who you'll meet and what you'll learn!
* Ways & Means Committee 'Opportunity Drawing' * Lots of birds, cages, supplies and other goodies will go home with lucky winners! If you bring an item for the table worth $5, new, you will be given a ticket for the drawing. Some prizes will be designated for members only.
Many thanks to our Patrons who donate items for our opportunity drawings:
G&H Enterprises Bird seed, cages and supplies. Gus and Helen Sprong Phone (760) 791 7211 or (760) 789-0277 firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a bird-related business? Want to provide items for our Opportunity Drawing every month? In return , you will get advertising space on this web page and in our monthly newsletter. Email info@NCAbirdclub.com for more information.
* Buying and Selling * NCA Members can sell birds and related items; anyone may buy.
* Refreshments * Our Refreshment Committee, with the help of our members, puts out a yummy spread each month. There is always a great potluck of refreshments available after the meeting and before the opportunity drawing.
A donation is requested to help cover the cost of the food.
* Just Fun Stuff * Our annual Potluck Picnic, now in July, is held in conjunction with a swap meet/yard sale. Our December Holiday Potluck Party is a gala event!
Is there more? We had a great time in Ramona at the San Diego Bird Mart. Keep November open and watch for information on the next one in 2018!