Our membership is made up of people who own from one to one hundred birds or more; keep birds as pets or breed birds as a business; or own any kind of exotic bird (parrots, parakeets, canaries, finches, pigeons, softbills, gamebirds ... ).
Anyone who has a love of exotic birds and wants to learn more is welcome.
With some exceptions, NCA meets on the first Saturday of each month. The doors generally open at 5:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 6:00 PM (meeting dates and times are subject to change; please contact the club first to verify). Board meetings are held on the same date as the general meeting one hour prior to the meeting.
Guests are always welcome, and there is no fee charged to attend. Please Note Our NEW Meeting Start Time of 5:30 PM
What and when are some Upcoming Meetings and Events? Program information will be given if or when it becomes available. Changes will be announced as early as possible.
Saturday, July 6 Our Third Annual Auction of beautiful birds like scarlet chested parakeets, Lady Gouldian Finches, cockatiels, Indian Ringneck parakeets and much more. Biding is open to the public. Please come early enough to register and get a number assigned. Note: Do not bid on anything that you cannot pay for the night of the auction. No Exceptions.
We'll be having a Pot Luck so bring a dish that can feed 8 to 10 people. Main dishes appreciated more than desserts. A rotisserie chicken or pizza goes farther than cupcakes. NCA is a '501(c)7 - Social and Recreation Clubs' organization
Saturday, August 3 SoCal Parrot - A Unique, Urban Wild Parrot Rescue We have invited SoCal Parrot to talk about their work to help injured or sick "feral" parrots with the goal of reintroducing them to the local wilderness. https://www.socalparrot.org/
Saturday, September 7 We're having a Round Table Discussion! What's that, you ask? That's where you bring questions and we try to answer them. We all bring tips and demonstrations that benefit our birds or make keeping birds easier. We have fun and always learn something new.
Saturday, October 5 TBA
Saturday, November 2 TBA
Saturday, December 7 NCA Annual Members Only Winter Holiday Party We'll have Golden Bird prizes, our regular opp table, and great food from our Refreshment Chairman.
We are always looking for informative speakers and important topics for our meetings. If you would like to present a program, or know someone who would, please contact the club for more information! firstname.lastname@example.org
Where are these meetings held?
Notice : NCA meets at the Vista Masonic Lodge, 761 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084.
From the North County Coastal area, take CA-78 east to the Civic Center Drive exit and turn left onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the East and South, take I-15 north to CA-78 and go west. Exit at Civic Center Drive in Vista, and turn right onto Civic Center Drive. After about 1.1 miles turn right on Eucalyptus Avenue. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
From the North Inland Corridor, take I-15 south to Gopher Canyon Road and turn right. Follow Gopher Canyon Road 4.7 miles to East Vista Way. Turn left on East Vista Way and drive 3.2 miles to Civic Center Drive, and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Civic Center Drive to Eucalyptus Avenue and turn left. Travel about 1/4 mile on Eucalyptus Avenue and watch for the Masonic Lodge on the right.
What goes on at the meetings?
* Interesting Speakers * Since we are the only exotic bird club in north county, our speakers and presentations cover a wide range of topics.
* Question Box * Ask questions on avian topics that will be answered by the audience.
* Meeting other "Bird Brains" * Socialize before and after the meeting. Who knows who you'll meet and what you'll learn!
* Ways & Means Committee 'Opportunity Drawing' * Lots of birds, cages, supplies and other goodies will go home with lucky winners! If you bring an item for the table worth $5, new, you will be given a ticket for the drawing. Some prizes will be designated for members only.
Do you have a bird-related business? Want to provide items for our Opportunity Drawing every month? In return , you will get advertising space on this web page and in our monthly newsletter. Email info@NCAbirdclub.com for more information.
* Buying and Selling * NCA Members can sell birds and related items; anyone may buy.
* Refreshments * Our Refreshment Committee, with the help of our members, puts out a yummy spread each month. There is always a great potluck of refreshments available after the meeting and before the opportunity drawing.
A donation is requested to help cover the cost of the food.
* Just Fun Stuff * Our annual Potluck Picnic, now in July, is held in conjunction with a swap meet/yard sale. Our December Holiday Potluck Party is a gala event!
Is there more? We had a great time in Ramona at the San Diego Bird Mart in 2017. Sadly, the November 2018 mart had to be canceled due to the spread of Exotic Newcastle Disease. There has been no halt in the spread of the disease, so the club has voted to skip the bird mart for 2019 as well. Look for more information about 2020.